A Little About Me
I’ve always loved stories. It doesn’t matter whether they’re written, oral, or played out on a screen or a stage. What matters is that the story speaks to me.
Consequently, storytelling and a love of words stoked the desire to become a short story writer and novelist. My journey began by writing short stories. I became a JCDC Creative Writing Awardee. My stories were published in a Jamaican anthology. Now, I’m working on my first novel, The Thickness of Water, which has elements of magical realism drawn from Jamaican folklore.
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me
- I used to play the piano. I stopped when I was in fifth form at high school to focus on my studies.
- I’m terrified of heights. No zip lining for me.
- I drink tea so frequently I could be English. My favourite is green tea.
- My love of the paranormal began when I was a child. I used to watch the TV series, “Dark Shadows”, with my father. Since then, I’ve had a thing for vampires.
- I dislike movies with demonic possessions.
- I’m slightly OCD. Okay, maybe more than slightly.
- I love dogs and have two. They’re the bright spots in my life.
- I climbed Blue Mountain Peak three times. It’s the experience of a lifetime. Every Jamaican and visitor to my island home should have a go at it.
- I almost died when I was a baby.
- Most of my writing ideas come when I’m quiet and surrounded by water ― in the shower, handwashing clothes, washing the dishes, or washing my hair.